Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 2001 02:38:41 +0100
From:      "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        <kam@salsolutions.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KDE help?

Hi Kam,

> Where are the configuration file(s) and settings for the xscreen saver
> settings in kde? Maybe I messed something up but the screensaver does not
> use the logged in user for the password when the screen is locked? Also,
is
> this the same setting used by the lock screen function?

I assume, you´re using kde 1.x ? The password function is known to be broken
there, for all users except root. Never heard of a fix, but didn´t care for
it especially.
In the next few days kde 2.1 will come out, so it would be a good
possibility to upgrade (if time and some more disk space are available). The
password function is working already in 2.0x .

Ciao
Siegbert