Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 14:20:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        Jon Misc <jcoffman@taurus.oursc.k12.ar.us>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: X refuses to start

On Mon, 18 May 1998, Jon Misc wrote:

>	Hello.  I'm relatively new to FreeBSD and X and I've run into some
>trouble.  A few days ago, I installed X on my computer and configured it
>to start at boot time.  It worked fine for a couple of days, but
>yesterday, I booted FreeBSD and got as far as the text login screen.  When

Unix is not like windows. It will not change itself spontaneously to mess
up your system.

This leads me to the question, what did you change? Also, find the error
log file for X and read it. This will help.

Thank you,       | Try some of this. It will show you where you're at.
Jason Wells	 | http://www.freebsd.org/