Date:      Mon, 24 Apr 2000 22:22:36 -0500
From:      Stephen Montgomery-Smith <stephen@math.missouri.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Laptops and the ATI Rage Mobility Video Card

I am looking at laptops, specifically Dell and Gateway.  They all
seem to use the ATI Mobility P or M cards, whereas the xfree86
web site says that XFree is compatible with the ATI Rage Mobility
LM, LN, LR, LS cards.

I looked through the archives, and it does seem like there were
problems like this a few months ago.

If anyone has any more insight on this, I would be most grateful.
Even if the VGA server makes an adequate X window server, that
would be great.

Thanks, Stephen

--

Stephen Montgomery-Smith              stephen@math.missouri.edu