Date:      Thu, 18 May 2006 15:21:31 +0000
From:      "Eprha Carvajal" <malikdj@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Cc:        anholt@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Radeon r300, unknown hardware 5460 assuming generic message, xorg logout=reboot

yesterday i updated my source tree with the latest changes including the
commit for the radeon drivers on 05/17/2006 for RELENG_6, i was more that
happy to see i finally have dri working in my laptop, the Xorg was hanging
while starting previous to this update but now was working and showing
direct rendering : yes in the glxinfo output, everything was smoth until i
did a logout for xorg, at the moment the machine restarted.

Here are the things i notice:
1.- the dmesg out is not showing the memory size for my card, ATI RADEON
MOBILITY X300, 64MB.
2.- the Xorg.0.log show between 12 and 15 calls to RadeonLoadPallete(), that
is the last thing in the file.
3.- this only happends with dri enable, i tried without dri and everything
works.

i will provide more information once i have my laptop available, working
right now.

if you need any help testing this hardware please let me know i will be more
than happy to help.

Regards,

Eprha Carvajal