Date:      Tue, 3 Nov 1998 14:35:21 -0700 (MST)
From:      James Snow <sno@flesh.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   natd and ipfw fwd

I seem to be having some trouble implementing the following:

I have a machine that performs NAT. My LAN is 10.0.0.x, and on the
Internet side it's some.real.ip.addr.

The NAT machine is 10.0.0.10 internally. There is another Unix box at
10.0.0.2, which runs a web server.

What I would like to be able to do is transparently map port 80 on the
machine with the real IP address to the machine at 10.0.0.2.

The impression that I've gotten from what I've read in the man pages for
natd and ipfw is that this can be done. But all my attempts at doing it
have failed. Everything appears to be in place, and then nothing happens.

Rather than post how I've done this and try to troubleshoot it, could
someone else detail for me how they have done this or might do this? I'm
convinced that I've made some trivial error somewhere and I think if I
stared at another implementation long enough, I might figure it out.

Thanks,
Bewildered,
James Snow