Date:      Tue, 11 Sep 2001 03:28:38 +0200
From:      Gianmarco Giovannelli <gmarco@scotty.masternet.it>
To:        "Kory Hamzeh" <kory@avatar.com>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: POP3, SMTP, Web Access...

At 10/09/2001, you wrote:
>I would use sendmail for outgoing mail and receiving mail. You can use
>popper for your POP3 mail box. You can use PPPD for dial-in users. I'm not
>sure what you would use for web access of e-mail. I'm also interested in
>something like that. I found a Java based server app that does that, but I
>didn't want to run Tomcat just for that application. I would like something
>that is WAP capable, if possible.

For web mail I used Neomail (http://neomail.sourceforge.net/) v 1.14 (newer
version require additional and newer perl modules I don't want to install
to the base perl system of a 4.x-STABLE box.).

It works like a charm.

Best Regards,
Gianmarco Giovannelli ,  "Unix expert since yesterday"
http://www.giovannelli.it/~gmarco
http://www2.masternet.it