Date:      Wed, 19 Jun 1996 23:40:55 +0000
From:      Randy DuCharme <randyd@nconnect.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing Memory & shrinking drives

Greetings,
     I noticed that when booting my 2.1 release machine the following...

FreeBSD Boot @ 0x10000: 639/64512k of ram
.
.
.
a little farther down --->

BIOS basemem (639k) != RTC basemem (640k)
.
.
.

Is this due to BIOS issues (ie: Pentium plug&play bios extensions,
etc.),
or a controller BIOS (Adaptec 2940UW Installed)
or a problem?

This leads to a second question regarding FreeBSD and viruses.

How does FreeBSD handle the presence of the various types of viruses.
Is it similar to the way NT handles them??  Are there any anti-virus
utilities available for FBSD?

Finally....

I noticed that I've nearly exhausted the 700MB that I've set aside on
the drive for FreeBSD. df shows capacity at 100% and -2363 Avail (how is
this possible?) yet it still shows a few 512-blocks left.  I've pretty
much installed everything that I'm going to use.  What can I "SAFELY"
delete to free a little space.  I've deleted a large number of items in
/usr/ports.

Thanks
Randy