Date:      Tue, 30 Nov 1999 17:21:34 +0100 (MET)
From:      Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>
To:        Sheldon Hearn <sheldonh@uunet.co.za>
Cc:        Ariel Burbaickij <Ariel.Burbaickij@mni.fh-giessen.de>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: escalating jdk1.1.8 to CRITICAL

On Tue, 30 Nov 1999, Sheldon Hearn wrote:

> On Tue, 30 Nov 1999 15:15:52 +0100, Ariel Burbaickij wrote:
>
> >   As i understood kaffe is one of many implementations of JVM(java virtual
> >   machine).Why parts of jdk hinge so strong on it I do not understand
>
> Neither do I, since the jdk port doesn't depend on the kaffe port nor
> vice versa.
>
> > > It is installed not in /usr/local/bin but in I guess /usr/local/libexec
> >   (I am not at my machine now.)In any case I am rather confident it was
> >   not target directory of Makefile.
>
> Are you sure javac is in /usr/local/libexec?  The packaging list for the
> kaffe port shows that it's in /usr/local/bin.  Hmmm, hang on... you
> _did_ install kaffe from the ports or from a package, right? :-)

  I meant kaffe while speaking about /usr/local/libexec/ not javac
  or any other part of jdj.Sorry,it was my fault ,not well-defined
  information.
  As to mentioned 2 ways ports/packages .Huh,I did not know that jdk
  is presneted with source code ---> you can have port form of jdk.
  As i downloaded it it was I guess package.Or at least I understood
  the difference between them as:ports==complie on your machine
  package== already pre-compiled
  kind regards,
  Ariel