Date:      Fri, 23 Dec 2005 17:05:46 +0900
From:      Eric Kjeldergaard <kjelderg@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org, kuba@lbl.pl
Subject:   Re: IBM T43 acpi troubles w/ suspend

--nextPart3854862.4aKTEl4eZ5

On Sunday 27 November 2005 01:10, KubaTyszko wrote:
> > Hi Stefan,
> >
> > * Stefan `Sec` Zehl wrote:
> > > I recently got a new Thinkpad T43, and tried to get FreeBSD running.
> > >
> > > Unfortunately no form of suspend seems to work.  Can anyone help out?
> >
> > You have to disable APIC in /boot/device.hints
> > (hint.apic.0.disabled=3D"1").  Suspend2RAM with ACPI works only fine, if
> > APIC is disabled.
> >
> > I wrote a little HOWTO about FreeBSD on the IBM Thinkpad T43:
> >
> > http://www.mathematik.uni-marburg.de/~schmidtm/ibm/
>
> any ideas on suspend to disk ?
> i fight with this for a lot of time with no results
> i have working ibm suspend file on fat32 partition and with only APM it
> works fine, with ACPI i get same results that stefan.

I am pretty sure that suspend-to-disk (S4BIOS) is supported, however, in or=
der=20
to use S4BIOS, the BIOS needs to have a place to suspend to.  This is usual=
ly=20
achieved with a little utility ( http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Tphdisk ) th=
at=20
writes a FAT32 Partition or similar.  If you have that partition,=20
suspend-to-disk should work just fine.  Good luck,

Eric