Date:      Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:43:20 -0700
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@wintelcom.net>
To:        Andrew BOGECHO <andrewb@cs.mcgill.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: nfs errors

* Andrew BOGECHO <andrewb@cs.mcgill.ca> [000927 10:05] wrote:
> Wed Sep 27 12:53:48 EDT 2000
>
> Thanks for the speedy reply.
>
> In answer to your question. I did try setting:
>
> /defaults type:=nfs;opts:=rw,vers=3,proto=tcp,intr,soft,nodevs,nosuid,rsize=8192,wsize=8192;
>
> But it made no difference. This error occurs on all our freebsd
> client machines, as all our fileservers are running Solaris.
>
> Does anyone else with Solaris fileservers and FreeBSD clients
> have such problems?
>
> Our /etc/dfs/dfstab file is as follows:
>
> share -F nfs -o rw=client-netgroup /mnt1
> share -F nfs -o rw=client-netgroup /mnt2
> share -F nfs -o rw=client-netgroup /mnt3
> share -F nfs -o rw=client-netgroup /mnt4

Like I said, it looks like the solaris machine is dropping the
connections, check the utilities on solaris to see how many
dropped connections you're having and make sure the server isn't
over loaded.

Also, since you say it doesn't cause any problems, I would leave it
alone, FreeBSD is particularly picky about slow to respond servers
and will let you know.