Date:      Wed, 6 Apr 2005 20:11:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Robert Leslie <les@ess.washington.edu>
To:        Joshua Lewis <jmlewis@dslextreme.com>
Cc:        "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Mounting an iPod as an external HDD

log in as root on the console, and plug it in.  if you are using 5.x with
 devfs, it will be immediately recognized and the system will print the
correct device name (/dev/) out to the console.  i haven't mounted one
myself, but a friend of mine plugged his in to one of my boxes, to charge
it, and the system immediately recognized it as a hard drive.  it should
mount just like any other device.  oh yeah, and make sure usbd is enabled
and running.  (i don't know enough to say if compiling the drivers into
the kernel will take care of this).

-- les