Date:      Sat, 14 Jun 1997 17:25:01 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        "Serge A. Babkin" <babkin@hq.icb.chel.su>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: C optimizer bug ?

> I tried everything and finally decided to build the kernel
> without the optimization. Everything started working fine!
> So the C optimizer seems like having a bug.

Without trying to reduce this down to something others can actually
reproduce, however, this basically goes into the same category as
UFO sightings and alien abductions.  There's strong evidence that
it _might_ happen, but with no concrete proof we can only continue
to speculate as to whether or not they're real. :-)

					Jordan