Date:      Thu, 27 May 1999 10:16:36 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Dan Busarow <dan@dpcsys.com>
To:        Jason Scott <freepix@sirius.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sendmail in 3.1

On Wed, 26 May 1999, Jason Scott wrote:
> 	I purchased FreeBSD 3.1 on CD, and when I try to install Sendmail that
> came with it, it attempts to connect to a server which is no longer
> anonymous, so I can not install sendmail... is there anyway to get the
> files it is trying to retrieve?

sendmail is already installed.  And it's 8.9.2, no need to upgrade it
yet.

The failure you are seeing is when it tries to install some anti-spam
filters.  You should be able to find similar by poking around on
spam.abuse.net

The essential rules, i.e. preventing relay and requiring a valid domain,
are installed by default.

Dan
--
 Dan Busarow                                                  949 443 4172
 Dana Point Communications, Inc.                            dan@dpcsys.com