Date:      Tue, 03 Feb 2004 16:08:55 +0000
From:      d.antunes@comcast.net
To:        regis rampnoux <regisr@regix.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ipfw questions

For Dag from the rc.conf man page...
firewall_type
                   (str) Names the firewall type from the selection in
                   /etc/rc.firewall, or the file which contains the local
                   firewall ruleset.  Valid selections from /etc/rc.firewall,
                   are ``open'' - unrestricted IP access; ``closed'' - all IP
                   services disabled, except via lo0; ``client'' - basic pro-
                   tection for a workstation; ``simple'' - basic protection
                   for a LAN.  If a filename is specified, the full path must
                   be given.

I could edit rc.firewall, or specify a different script with firewall_script, but it seemed more convenient to simply specify a "rules file". If anyone knows how this can be done, I would appreciate a response.
Thanks,
Dennis