Date:      Wed, 16 Nov 2005 21:27:33 -0500
From:      "Aniruddha Bohra" <bohra@cs.rutgers.edu>
To:        freebsd-bluetooth@freebsd.org
Subject:   Cannot pair with Audiovox SMT5600 Bluetooth

Hi,
 I have been trying to get the bluetooth pairing between the above
cellphone and my FreeBSD 6.0-Release host.

 I followed the instructions in the handbook and created the entry
for the phone in /etc/bluetooth/hcsecd.conf as follows :

evice {
        bdaddr  00:09:2d:1b:15:a3;
        name    "Audiovox";
        key      nokey;
        pin     "1234";
}

On starting rfcomm_pppd from the host, I get :

hcsecd[1107]: Got PIN_Code_Request event from 'ubt0hci', remote bdaddr
00:09:2d:1b:15:a3
hcsecd[1107]: Found matching entry, remote bdaddr 00:09:2d:1b:15:a3,
name 'Audiovox', PIN code exists
hcsecd[1107]: Sending PIN_Code_Reply to 'ubt0hci' for remote bdaddr
00:09:2d:1b:15:a3
hcsecd[1107]: Got Link_Key_Notification event from 'ubt0hci', remote
bdaddr 00:09:2d:1b:15:a3
hcsecd[1107]: Updating link key for the entry, remote bdaddr
00:09:2d:1b:15:a3, name 'Audiovox', link key exists

Any ideas what might be going wrong and how to debug this ?

BTW, I tried with both :
hccontrol -n ubt0hci write_node_role_switch 0
and without it with the same result.

The phone gives an error saying the phone did not connect.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Aniruddha