Date:      Thu, 23 Mar 2000 12:10:26 +0100
From:      Hans Zuidam <zuidam14@zonnet.nl>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   FrameMaker for Linux port questions

Hi,

I'm finishing a port for the FrameMaker for Linux beta from Adobe.
Before submitting
it I have a few questions which someone more knowledgeable may answer:

	o There are four distribution file: FrameMaker proper, the help files,
on-line
	  manuals and dictionaries.  Currently I have a single port which
installs all
	  of them at once, but would it be "better" to have four different
ports?

	o If I set RESTRICTED in the port Makefile, is that sufficient to avoid
the
	  distribution files from showing up at FreeBSD.org and on future CDs?

	o During package removal pkg_delete complains about not being able to
remove
	  (private) shared libraries.  It complains about such files as
libpgm.so.1
	  in the PLIST I have libpgm.so.1.0.  My current "sollution" is to use
an @unexec.

	o Also during package removal some symbolic links to directories are
frowned upon
	  by pkg_delete.

	o My current "build"/installation method is to unpack the files in the
work directory,
	  fix a few permissions and patch a script and then move (mv) it to the
installation
	  directory.  Is that the "correct" approach?

Thanks in advance,

					Hans
--
H. Zuidam                       e-mail <h.zuidam@computer.org>
Kruidenhof 18                   tel. +31 40 2481546