Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 22:01:01 +0100
From:      "Harald Schmalzbauer" <H@Schmalzbauer.de>
To:        <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   panic: bg fsck

Hello all,

I'm using 5.0-RC2 and after disconnecting a firewire HD and unclean shutdown
the system is panicing after reboot (I can login) and a few minutes with the
following message:

fault virtual address	= 0x4e1
fault code			= supervisor read, page not present
instruction pointer	= 0x8:0xc02188ec
stack pointer		= 0x10:0xcdc4e4d0
frame pointer		= 0x10:0xcdc4e4f0
code segment		= base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
				= DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
processor eflags		= interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL = 0
current process		= 495 (fsck_ufs)
trap number			= 12
panic: page fault

syncing disks, buffers remaining... panic: bwrite: buffer is not busy???

I have a HPT370 controller (Dawicontrol DC100) with RAID1 mirror and mountig
root from ar0s1a.
The ad0 firewire device isn't connected and set to noauto in fstab!
All the values of the panic message are varying but the process is always
fsck_ufs and the fault code is always "supervisor write, page not present",
also the code segment lines are always the same.

Please tell me if I can provide more infos, but I'm not subscribed so please
cc directly.

Best regards,

-Harry