Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 2000 17:56:23 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Frederik Meerwaldt <frederik@freddym.org>
To:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Bug: NATD Problems

Hi all,

CCd to freebsd-bugs (I think it exists, doesn't it?!)
In every FreeBSD Snapshot I tested (20000214, 20000521, 20000905) I always
got problems regarding Natd. I have a very simple /etc/rc.firewall:

/sbin/ipfw -f flush
/sbin/ipfw add divert natd all from any to any via isp0
/sbin/ipfw add pass all from any to any

And in my Kernel I have enabled IP_DIVERT and
IP_FIREWALL_DEFAULT_TO_ACCEPT or however this option is called.
Now my Problem: Sometimes, when I activate natd, it won't let me
through. But sometimes everything works fine, sometimes it just stopps
letting me through at a certain point of time... Very randomized.
I think it's a very hard BUG, and it's really taking my last nerv.
Are there any similar programs to natd, which I can use instead? I just
want to have a working firewall....

MTIA
--
Best Regards,