Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:54:21 -0500
From:      "Kevin M. Dulzo" <kdulzo@caffeine.gerp.org>
To:        Sean O'Connell <sean@stat.Duke.EDU>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: middle mouse button emulation broken

On Fri, Apr 14, 2000 at 04:48:59PM -0400, Sean O'Connell wrote:

> I'd like to report a "Me too" on Robert Watson's report of
> middle mouse emulation breakage under X.  I just updated a
> laptop (touchpad with 2 button mouse) running 4.0-RELEASE
> to 4.0-STABLE using sources cvsup'd this morning.

	I took some time to diagnose why this was happening.  Using
moused -d I noted something VERY strange.  I can generate a log if
need be.
	Normally, you click the mouse button 1 and the flag mouse button
change to on happens, then change to off occurs when you release it.
For some reason, moused is reporting a change to off, change to on, change
to off for every left mouse click.

	I have not looked any furthur into this, hopefully this gives
someone with more time the ability to fix it.  Another work around is to
just HOLD the left mouse button long enough for it to grab...

-Kevin