Date:      Tue, 23 Mar 1999 15:10:37 -0700
From:      Wes Peters <wes@softweyr.com>
To:        Patrick Brochu <pcbroch@videotron.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sharing a Cable modem connection

Patrick Brochu wrote:

> Hi All:
>     Very simple question, hope the answer is as simple!
>
> I have a cable modem connected to ed1, configured by DHCP
> I have my local network connected to ed2, configured with fixed ip address
> 192.168.1.1
>
> Both interfaces work properly, i can surf the web as well as browse my local
> net.
>
> I would like to allow additional Win98 machines to access the internet
> through my FreeBSD pc.  Anybody could recommend a good way of doing that?
>
> Ideally this would not require me to set up any proxies or things like that
> on my Win98 clients besides the Gateway.

natd.

Search for NAT or natd in the handbook, and feel free to direct any specific
questions you have to freebsd-questions@freebsd.org.  You've got questions?
They've got answers!  ;^)

--
             Where am I, and what am I doing in this handbasket?

Wes Peters                                                     +1.801.915.2061
Softweyr LLC                                                  wes@softweyr.com