Date:      Wed, 01 Mar 2000 18:39:22 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Joseph Jacobson <jacobson@pobox.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: things I noticed w/ 4.0

Joseph Jacobson wrote:

> Kernel option VESA fails (see dmesg below).  Is this a problem with my
> graphics card?

Are you, by any chance, both compiling in VESA _and_ loading it with
loader?

> Kernel option PNPBIOS causes the mouse to stop working.  A pointer is
> visible at boot (w/ moused) until the mouse is moved, then it disappears
> forever.  Maybe I'm misunderstanding what PNPBIOS does....

Weird. Are you sure your BIOS is set to PnP OS = No?

> 'halt -p' still doesn't turn my computer off :).  Haven't tested any other
> functionality of apm though.  I usually disable apm in the bios since
> it makes turning the system power off w/ the button on the case a problem
> under FreeBSD.  Any ideas?

Yep. Try turning apm in BIOS on. :-)

> /usr/games/phantasia doesn't like the return key.  You have to use
> <cntl>-<j> (w/ TERMs xterm and cons25).  /usr/games/teachgammon doesn't
> always clear the screen of previous text completely.

Mmmmm... I seem to recall someone were tweaking phantasia lately...

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
dcs@newsguy.com

        One IP to bring them all and in the zone bind them.