Date:      Tue, 9 May 2006 08:10:22 GMT
From:      Frank Even <dfjkl@uhacc.org>
To:        freebsd-www@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: www/96965: Unix User's Group in Bloomington/Normal, IL

The following reply was made to PR www/96965; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Frank Even <dfjkl@uhacc.org>
To: danger@rulez.sk
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Date: Tue, 09 May 2006 03:08:10 -0500

 > From: Daniel Gerzo <danger@rulez.sk>
 > To: Frank Even <dfjkl@uhacc.org>
 > Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
 > Subject: Re: www/96965: Unix User's Group in Bloomington/Normal, IL
 > Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 12:43:48 +0200
 >
 >  Hello Frank,
 >
 >  Monday, May 8, 2006, 5:19:32 AM, you wrote:
 >
 >  >>Number:         96965
 >  >>Category:       www
 >
 >  > UHACC - Unix Hobbyists' Administrators' & Coders' Club
 >
 >  > Required Information:
 >  > 1.  A URL for the user group's website.
 >
 >  > http://uhacc.org
 >
 >   looks like this site is offline.

 The site is NOT offline and has NOT been for years (long before I joined
 up).  I also did not actually receive this e-mail you sent.  I checked
 the logs on the UHACC server and this message never hit it.  Checking
 your domain....I can see that the UHACC server is able to communicate
 with your mail servers....you are not in any of our blacklists or
 firewall rules....so I'm guessing your inability to see our site or
 deliver us e-mail is on your end and not ours.

 $ host mail.rulez.sk
 mail.rulez.sk has address 84.16.32.226
 $ host mailhub.cia.sk
 mailhub.cia.sk has address 72.21.48.70
 $ host mail-relay1.wilbury.sk
 mail-relay1.wilbury.sk has address 217.73.17.21
 $ telnet mail.rulez.sk 25
 Trying 84.16.32.226...
 Connected to mail.rulez.sk.
 Escape character is '^]'.
 220 mail.rulez.sk ESMTP

 >  > 3.  A short (one paragraph) description of the user group.
 >
 >  > each week in the form of diverse and interesting tech and
 >  > development projects, all using Unix or Linux platforms.
 >
 >   does this group have any FreeBSD users as well?

 Being a FreeBSD user myself and a member/representative of this
 organization....it would seem that we do have at least one person that
 uses FreeBSD and thought it would be good for the world to know that
 there is a place in Bloomington/Normal, IL that they too may feel
 welcome.  I am the resident BSD fanatic, along with MacOSX as my
 desktops, other members have worked with FreeBSD in the past, and a
 couple others have it installed in various places.  At least one other
 member that I can think of also uses MacOSX as his desktop of choice.
 IF you look at our site (which I assure you, is quite available), you
 will see that we are not limited in scope.  We welcome Linux users, BSD
 users, Solaris users, AIX users, HP-UX users....basically, anyone that
 would prefer to use a Unix or unix-like system.  About the only thing we
 probably frown on is SCO Unix for what I would hope would be obvious
 reasons nowadays (although we would not burn anyone at the stake for
 using it...you can't always be responsible for the decisions of
 others....although if you voluntarily chose it...we might start to wonder).

 Sincerely,

 Frank Even
 fheven@elitists.org
 dfjkl@uhacc.org