Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 2008 16:17:47 +0300
From:      Achilleas Mantzios <achill@matrix.gatewaynet.com>
To:        Mark Tinguely <tinguely@casselton.net>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: bktr and kodikom 4400R

=CE=A3=CF=84=CE=B9=CF=82 Friday 11 July 2008 15:50:49 =CE=BF/=CE=B7 Mark Ti=
nguely =CE=AD=CE=B3=CF=81=CE=B1=CF=88=CE=B5:
>=20
> >  Hi i just bought a clone of kodikom 4400R from ebay and i have not man=
aged to get
> >  any video out of it.
> >  The system detects the 4 chips on the card. In the same machine i also=
 have a single chip linuxmedialabs card
> >  which works good for over a year.=20
> >  The 4 chips are detected as /dev/bktr0 - > /dev/bktr3, and the lml (pr=
eviously /dev/bktr0) now as /dev/bktr4

> >  My question is that whether i have a foundamental problem with the car=
d or should i keep trying.
>=20
> The kodicom 4400 has 4 Brooktree capture chips, a transparent PCI bridge
> and a video crossbar.
>=20
> The patch programs the crossbar so you can route the video signal from
> one of the 16 inputs to a particular capture chip. many versions of this
> card has 4 BNC video inputs, they are crossbar inputs 0-3. Additionally
> there is also set of riser pins for all 16 inputs. The patch intially
> programs the crossbar so input 0 goes to the first capture chip, etc.
>=20
Thanx for the info.
However before doing that, one thing puzzles me.
my version of the card is:
http://img.auctiva.com/imgdata/4/2/2/5/5/6/webimg/55209639_o.jpg
however the one that i received seems to have one chip missing
http://matrix.gatewaynet.com/panix/kodikom4400r-problem.jpg

Is that chip essential?
> once the input is selected, use any bktr-aware capture program.
>=20
> --Mark.
>=20

=2D-=20