Date:      Tue, 14 May 2002 06:08:31 -0700
From:      Dale Morris <dlm@well.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ISO problem

I've been trying to burn iso's of the latest redhat 7.3 release and am
having problems. I'm using a Plextor 12/4/32 scsi plexwriter and adaptec
card, transfer rate is set to 20mb. I've burned iso's in the past,
Mandrake 8.2 most recently and not had any problems. I can also rip and
burn music cd's with no problem.

When I dowload the iso's I'm finding the MD5SUMS don't match what I get
when I run the md5 program on the iso. Totally different numbers. Yet
the iso's are created just fine using xcdroast 0.98-9

When I try to install 7.3 I get fatal errors saying I have a media, disk
space or hardware problem and the install aborts.

I'm wondering if I have problem with the CDRW (it's newly factory
rebuilt) or something else.

When I download the iso's I'm using ncftp3, if that makes any
difference.

Anyone else had this problem or have any suggestions. I've tried this
about 3 times on different mirrors, changed the partition scheme, all
with the same negative result.

thanks
dale