Date:      Fri, 2 Jan 2004 15:09:28 +0100
From:      Kirill Ponomarew <krion@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Sergey Matveychuk <sem@ciam.ru>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Lost maintainers

--BwCQnh7xodEAoBMC

Hi,

On Fri, Jan 02, 2004 at 06:56:38AM +0300, Sergey Matveychuk wrote:
=20
> I think we need to make some procedure of taking off the maintainership=
=20
> from "lost" maintainers. I mean maintainers who keep silence for a=20
> long-long time.
>=20
> I know at least two such maintainers for www/squid and devel/boost ports.
>=20
> They block ports updates with their silence.
>=20
> We can give them back the maintainership if they will back.

We're missing something like policy from portmgr@ imo,
concerning this issue. If the maintainer is not able to handle
his own PRs within 2-3 months, maintainership should be dropped
to ports@FreeBSD.org. It's a hard approach, but in such case we
can work with PRs more effective way.

-Kirill

--BwCQnh7xodEAoBMC