Date:      Wed, 03 Mar 1999 23:44:02 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@harmony.village.org>
To:        "Kenneth D. Merry" <ken@plutotech.com>
Cc:        mi@aldan.algebra.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, nate@FreeBSD.ORG, gconnor@cisco.com
Subject:   Re: aic0 and CAM

In message <199903032050.NAA86828@panzer.plutotech.com> "Kenneth D. Merry" writes:
: The 152x boards are programmed I/O only, I believe.  They don't do DMA.
: So it won't matter if the driver is rewritten for CAM, you'll still get
: lousy performance from the board.

They can do DMA, but I don't think there is a good way to know if you
have a board that supports DMA and it is enabled.

Even with DMA, you are limited to horrible perfomance :-(

Warner