Date:      Fri, 23 Aug 1996 21:38:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brian Campbell <brianc@ottawa.net>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD Hackers)
Subject:   Triton II chipsets

I'm running on a Triton II VX chipset and wanted the chipset probe to
recognize and display my chipset.  So, in chipset_probe() I added:
	case 0x70308086:
		return ("Intel 82437 PCI cache memory controller");

I also copied the conf82437fx[] block into a conf82437vx[] block.
It's identical to the former except that it doesn't include the block
for register offset 0x50.  Also, the PIIX3 on the Triton II chipset
supports the same registers displayed for the PIIX. So, in
chipset_attach() I added:
	case 0x70308086:
		writeconfig (config_id, conf82437vx);
		break;
	case 0x70108086:
	case 0x122e8086:
where the second last case falls into the (already present) last case
label for the PIIX.

I suspect the HX chipset will support the same configuration registers
as the VX, and FX, but I haven't got one to try it with.

[I can generate a patch if necessary]