Date:      Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:52:13 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>
To:        Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org>
Cc:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup, FreeBSD-CVS tree and branches

<<On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 10:27:19 +0200, Daniel Lang <dl@leo.org> said:

> Well, I do. That is the CVS-Rep lives in

> /pub/FreeBSD/development/FreeBSD-CVS

Note that, depending on how your filesystems are set up, this may not
be a particularly good choice.  In my case, the cvsup mirror is
located on a four-disk fibre channel RAID-0 volume for speed; the FTP
mirror, which does not need the speed, is located on a two-disk
software RAID-0.  I believe but can't prove that the layout policies
will be better for the cvsup mirror if it's the only think on its
filesystem.

-GAWollman