Date:      Sun, 17 Jan 1999 17:20:07 -0000
From:      paul@originative.co.uk
To:        wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu, culverk@wam.umd.edu
Cc:        phiber@udel.edu, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: FreeBSD Celeron and Celeron ( Mendocino ) kernel patch.

I disagree. From an user perspective I think it will be confusing to
general users to report PII when they think they've got a Celeron. From
a support perspective it might be useful to know what CPU is actually
installed rather than just the class of CPU.

On a related note, I'd be interested in benchmarks for the Celerons, how
does the on-chip cache compare to the off-chip cache.

Paul.