Date:      Mon, 26 Nov 2001 13:25:04 +1030
From:      Andrew Reid <andrew.reid@plug.cx>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.org>, freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.org, Benno Rice <benno@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: Any success stories with Dell Inspiron 4100?

On Mon, Nov 26, 2001 at 12:35:34PM +1030, Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> Hmm.. I have access to an i2500 and it hangs on boot with FreeBSD 4.4 (in
> probe).
> I forget exactly where, but I should be getting around to filling a bug report
> sometime soon about it :)

I had similar problems on with my NEC Versa LX. It'd hang for about 30
seconds when probing the ata devices. Jarrod Sayers once told me why
it was doing this, but I've since lost the e-mail.

Does the i2500 hang indefinately? Mine'd spring back into life after
the 30 seconds, but it was quite annoying.

It's interesting that niether Jarrod's or my Toshiba laptops have had
those problems though.

   - andrew

--
Andrew J. Reid                    "Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem
andrew.reid@plug.cx               mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane