Date:      Mon, 30 Apr 2001 14:33:15 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Zhihui Zhang <zzhang@cs.binghamton.edu>
To:        Abdul Mehdi <amehdi_2000@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and system V Semaphores

Check the following options in your kernel configuration file to see if
they exist:

options         SYSVSHM                 #SYSV-style shared memory
options         SYSVMSG                 #SYSV-style message queues
options         SYSVSEM                 #SYSV-style semaphores

I can guarantee that these stuff work perfectly on FreeBSD from my
personal experiences.

-Zhihui