Date:      Thu, 8 Jun 2006 22:20:25 GMT
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/94377 : [patch] /etc/rc.d/sshd improperly tests random dev state

The following reply was made to PR conf/94377; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To: Rostislav Krasny <rosti.bsd@gmail.com>
Cc: Florent Thoumie <flz@FreeBSD.org>, bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
Subject: Re: conf/94377 : [patch] /etc/rc.d/sshd improperly tests random dev
 state
Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2006 13:14:04 -0700 (PDT)

 On Thu, 8 Jun 2006, Rostislav Krasny wrote:

 > The sysctl will fail because of a wrong variable name, but no syntax
 > error will occur. If you remove the double quotes around the ${seeded}
 > only then a syntaxt error will happen.
 >
 > If on CURRENT it works differently then most likely it has a bug
 > in sh(1).

 *shrug* The patch sat idle for 4 months, so you had your chance to say
 your piece. I don't think doing another merge cycle just to sate a minor
 stylistic nit is justified. This code runs once any time the rc script is
 executed, which on most systems is once on boot. Its not like we're trying
 to shave cycles here.

 dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org