Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2014 20:25:22 -0500
From:      J David <j.david.lists@gmail.com>
To:        Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Terrible NFS performance under 9.2-RELEASE?

On Fri, Jan 24, 2014 at 8:02 PM, Rick Macklem <rmacklem@uoguelph.ca> wrote:
> This comes back to my suggestion of testing with "-r 32k", since that
> seems to be closed to what would be desirable for a real NFS server.
> (But, if you have a major application that loves to do 4k reads/writes,
>  then I understand why you would use "-r 4k".)

There are -r 32k examples in my previous message.  The testing I am
doing covers a broad spectrum of sizes from 1k to 128k, in an attempt
to find which NFS settings provide the overall best settings for a
variety of sizes, as general-purpose file storage is anything but one
consistent block size.  The 4k examples demonstrate the problems I am
encountering vividly, so the focus has been on them.

Thanks!