Date:      Thu, 28 Mar 1996 21:51:45 -0300
From:      compland@ism.com.br (Helio Coelho Jr. - CompuLand Informatica)
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   DNS effect

Hi:

   I just started my DNS server and seems to work fine: resolves by name, etc..
But I noticed one think: If I ping just in the start to the router or to my
carrier's DNS I get small times. But after a while the times begin to increase !
They never return to the original. It seems to be a cycle: after 15 sends I
get a bigger time, that begins to decrease and then increase again. I'm in a
frame relay cloud and using standard dns from Freebsd release. Anything wrong ?

How can I turn off Routed ? I want to build static routes.

TIA!
Helio.