Date:      Thu, 28 Nov 1996 09:30:51 -0100
From:      Darius Moos <moos@degnet.baynet.de>
To:        BRETT_GLASS@infoworld.com
Cc:        FreeBSD-questions <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: NT Workstation 4.0 <-> FreeBSD 2.2 Snap pppd

I have the same problem in the other direction. Ma ISP is using
a WinNT as dialin-server with PPP-PAP. I am using FreeBSD-2.1.5 pppd.
I never got past the authentication-phase.
Try the following:
  Enable debugging-output for pppd with "debug" in /etc/options
  Enable kernel-debuggin-output for pppd with "kdebug" in /etc/options
  Have a look at /var/log/pppd
What is the logging-output of pppd when this user is connecting ?
I bet there is a authentication-protocol-problem.

Darius Moos.