Date:      Tue, 17 Apr 2001 10:49:54 +0530
From:      Vasu Kulkarni <vasu.kulkarni@digital.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fdisk failing to create partition for bsd

--------------0E4626F907F116178F4C5335

Hi all,
            This is my first mail to this list.  I recently brought
freebsd 4.1 cd and tried to install on my  p-3 machine which already has
windows-nt and linux7.0(lilo boot loader).
  but the problem is its failing to create a partition.
    This is my fdisk partition screen

FDISK PARTION

Disk Geometry  1292 cycls/240 heads/ 63 sector  = 1953504 sectors
(9538MB)

OFFSET            SIZE                    END
NAME                PTYPE            DESC                     SUBTYPE
    0                        63
62                              -
6                     unused                        0
  63                        4173057
4173119                  ad0s1                   2
fat                                6
4173120               4596480               8769599
ad0s2                    1
ext2fs                        131
8769600                10765440           19535039
ad0s3                    4
extended                     5
19535040              6048                    19541087
-                         6
unused                        6

when i try to delete the partition with SIZE  6048, it says its unused.
and when i try to create Partion(for SIZE 6048) it simple returns the
same screen without any modification.

please tell me how to solve the problem.

    even  i tried  by allocating the free space to fat type in
windows-nt and then rebooting. it still does not work it shows the same
screen.

Regards
 Vasu K.

--------------0E4626F907F116178F4C5335