Date:      Sun, 20 Sep 1998 03:11:21 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Andrzej Bialecki <abial@nask.pl>
To:        freebsd-small@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   ATTN: PicoBSD builds work again (hopefuly :)

Hi,

I think I fixed most, if not all, places where the recently removed SLICE
code caused breakage. Those of you who regularly build their own versions
of picobsd please try it now, and report any errors. You'll need the
source tree from today, or newer.

Alas, I had to completely remove all nice features which DEVFS bought us
previously. As a result, we again have to know beforehand what device
nodes each setup needs, and making all of them takes a lot of space...
:-((( And, consequently each MFS has to have more inodes, which decreases
its available space...

Now I'm working on using an ELF crunch, which should take slightly less
space when compressed...

Andrzej Bialecki

 <abial@nask.pl>       ||PicoBSD||   FreeBSD in your pocket? Go and see:
 Research & Academic   |+-------+|       "Small & Embedded FreeBSD"