Date:      Tue, 24 Aug 1999 06:45:43 -0700 (PDT)
From:      john holland <johnbsd@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   boot floppy

How can I create a boot floppy for FreeBSD?
specifically, I want to have the boot record of a
win95/freebsd machine only indicate that there is
win95 and only go into win95.But I want a floppy that
will boot into freebsd.
Currently the system uses booteasy with
F1 DOS
F2 FreeBSD
F3 Drive 1

Drive1:
F1 DOS
F2 FreeBSD

with only the first DOS and the Drive1 FreeBSD
operational. This is fine for me, but my kids are
confused when they wander into BSD.

The system has two SCSI HDs, no IDE and the BSD root
partition is on the second SCSI HD
I tried kern.flp, mfs.flop and boot.flop

mfs.flp was most promising with a boot prompt
but I couldn't figure out what code to type in
(ie 0da(1,f) ???) to get it to boot off the FreeBSD
partition (slice?) in the second SCSI HD

HEEELP.....:>