Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 1998 10:02:48 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Joseph Thomas <jpt@networkcs.com>
To:        rivers@dignus.com (Thomas David Rivers)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freefall.cdrom.com, mike@smith.net.au, rivers@dignus.com
Subject:   Re: Idea for a small project...

> Mike Smith writes in personal email...
>

> > > I realize this is making work, but, if someone is looking for a way
> > > to contribute, or a graduate student/senior computer science major
> > > is looking for a good term project... this might be one.
> >
> > The hardest thing is actually recording these sort of things and
> > putting a list somewhere for us to point people at.  Would you mind
> > perhaps submitting this to the handbook, or perhaps starting a page of
> > "interesting projects"?
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

>  [Mike, I hope you don't mind me posting this on to hackers, perhaps
> someone with excellent network connectivity would volunteer to host?]
>
>  Good idea!  I see, from time to time, people asking "what can I do".
> A page of interesting small things to start on would be an excellent
> place to point people.  [Of course, that's one of the first things
> to go on the "interesting projects list." :-) ]
>
>  Also, I should add that this is something to consider well *after*
> the up-coming releases...  Everyone is busy enough already :-)
>
>  Seems like a page would be preferable to the handbook - but - I'm
> not sure... opinions?
>
> 	- Dave Rivers -

	Not that I'm good with forms (that's what our graohics group
is for) but it seems to me that it might also be nice to have a way
that people could register as "I'm working on this" as well as others
to know who those people are... This makes me lean towards have a page
rather than sticking it in the handbook.

--
Joseph Thomas                           E/Mail:  jpt@networkcs.com
Network Computing Services, Inc.    	 	 jpt@magic.net

	An elephant is a mouse with an operating system.