Date:      Tue, 20 Jul 1999 16:47:33 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Blaz Zupan <blaz@gold.amis.net>
To:        Thierry Herbelot <thierry.herbelot@alcatel.fr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP and PCI ed driver conflict

On Tue, 20 Jul 1999, Thierry Herbelot wrote:
> Bad luck, then ? (or time to swap NICs between machines ?)

Maybe not. A kind reader of this mailing list from Mexico (thanks
Alejandro!) sent me the driver disk for the mentioned card. I hope this
one works (I'll try it tomorrow when I'm at work).

> My last ed NIC was ISA and cost around $/EUR 15 (and there was a setup
> diskette !)

I know, that was my next plan. Basically, I posted to this mailing list
because I wanted to know if somebody else experienced this and if there's
a patch floating around somewhere that I did not know. I know it is really
no problem to go out and buy a new card, but the ed PnP code (or the PCI
code) should still be fixed, because this appears like a bug and maybe it
will bite someone in another way. I'll send-pr a more close description.

> PS : what is your dmesg ?

I'm not near that machine right now (I'll be tomorrow), but basically both
cards are correctly detected (IO address, IRQ, MAC address), but both are
labeled as "ed1". The PCI card first, the PnP second.

Blaz Zupan, blaz@amis.net, http://www.herbie.amis.net
Medinet d.o.o., Linhartova 21, 2000 Maribor, Slovenia