Date:      Sat, 30 Jun 2001 16:45:50 +0300
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@orbitel.bg>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   create executable images from core files?

Hi,

While reading the perlrun(1) manpage today, I stumbled upon a reference
to an undump utility that could convert a core file into an executable
image (arguably much larger than the actual executable text, because it
would have to include the data portions, too).  Is there anyhing similar
available for FreeBSD/ELF?

Yes, I've read the next sentence that says that the Perl-to-C compiler
is much more effective, but this reference to undump just piqued my
curiosity, and I just had to ask :)

G'luck,
Peter

--