Date:      Sat, 6 Sep 1997 22:33:30 +0200
From:      Ollivier Robert <roberto@keltia.freenix.fr>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: A quick note to those without DNS resolvable mail hosts.

According to Brandon Gillespie:
> So I guess the question would be, do people find this rude, if done in
> these forums?  Keeping in mind that these forums are being routed to news?

My personal point of view:

I've decided to stop answering any article on Usenet coming from a mangled
address (à la @foo.NOSPAMcom).

I use mutt for mail which is pretty smart with mailing lists so this kind
of mangling is less a hassle but I'd hate to see bad addresses.  I'm
already fed up with people doing this on Usenet.

Having a proprely configured sendmail with filters and refusing to be a
relay for anyone is IMO a much better solution than mangled addresses.

procmail takes care of the rest.
--
Ollivier ROBERT -=- FreeBSD: There are no limits -=- roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #29: Tue Aug 26 21:05:09 CEST 1997