Date:      Fri, 14 Apr 2000 23:25:18 +0200
From:      Gunnar Flygt <gunnar@pluto.sr.se>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Trying to install 4.0-STABLE on laptop

Is there anyone else getting the same problems as I?

Problem is, I start the kern floppy and get:
/boot.config: -P
Keyboard:yes

BTX loader 1.00  BTX version is 1.01
Console: internal video/keyboard
BIOS drive A: is disk0
BIOS drive C: is disk1
BIOS 639kB/64448kB available memory

FreeBSD/i386 bootstrap loader, Revision 0.7
(root@usw3.freebsd.org, Fri Apr 14 10:03:22 GMT 2000)
/kernel text=0x1d7e3e zf_read: fill error

elf_loadexec: archsw.readin failed
can't load module ´/kernel´: input/output error

And then I get the "Hit [Enter] to boot..." prompt. And the only
possible thing to do at the "ok" prompt is to type reboot or turn of the
power.

I get this on two laptops (both doing a good job with other OS'es), one
Dell Latitude CPi, and one IBM Thinkpad 770 ED.

Where it reads "zf_error" the little propeller swirls for quite some
time before the error message comes.

--
                           __o
regards, Gunnar       ---_ \<,_