Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2003 10:48:09 +0200
From:      Morten Rodal <morten@rodal.no>
To:        Wiktor Niesiobedzki <w@evip.pl>
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: panic with ULE and KSE

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj

On Tue, Jul 08, 2003 at 11:32:37PM +0200, Wiktor Niesiobedzki wrote:
> Hi,
>=20
> I receive various panics, when I try to run ksetest, mostly concering page
> faults in choosethread() (called from mi_switch() in kern_synch.c:524) but
> also other panics. I use SCHED_ULE (haven't tried 4BSD yet, bot I'm going=
 to).
>=20
> Tried this on two different machines (one build from last week, one today=
's).
> My another machine (build from 16 Jun) works properly.
>=20
> Anyone can confirm that?=20
>=20
> Stack backtrace is available for anyone, who'd like to have a look at it.
>=20

I saw several panics with SCHED_ULE and KSE myself, and I was
recommended to use SCHED_4BSD by a few others.  It seems ULE isn't
ready for KSE right now.

This is one (out of a total of three I think) panics that I saw:

http://lists.freebsd.org/mailman/htdig/freebsd-current/2003-July/006073.html

--=20
Morten Rodal

--9amGYk9869ThD9tj