Date:      Tue, 7 Jul 1998 09:07:47 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Eric J. Schwertfeger" <ejs@bfd.com>
To:        Neutrino Phantom <neutrino2000@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: earthlink mail rejected by freebsd.org

On Tue, 7 Jul 1998, Neutrino Phantom wrote:

> I am unable to send any mail to a freebsd email address (mailing lists,
> majordomo, etc.) from my regular account with Earthlink
> (spectretouch@earthlink.net).  Why?  There is no connectivity problem on
> my end, because I know I can send mail to dozens of other ISP's.  The
> following is the entire error email I receive.  (Please send all replies
> to spectretouch@earthlink.net)

two possibilities.  Parts of Earthlink are in the RBL, but I don't think
that the freebsd mail servers use the RBL.  The other is that your
earthlink dialup is rented from uunet.  If you're using sendmail when you
connect to earthlink.net, you'll probably want to set a smarthost up in
your sendmail.cf to point to one of the earthlink smtp servers.

If you want to send me an email from your earthlink account, it will give
me a better idea just what is happening.