Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 2008 15:10:44 +0000
From:      "Alphons \"Fonz\" van Werven" <a.j.werven@student.utwente.nl>
To:        Passive PROFITS <passiveprofits@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Newbie Question - about newbie user support

Passive PROFITS wrote:

> The only 'official' list seems to be this:

That's the one, indeed.

> But it starts off with the rather intimidating phrase
> "You should not send "how to" questions to the
> technical lists unless you consider the question to be
> pretty technical."

That's a standard remark on an automagically generated page. It applies to
other, more technical lists involving current development.

It's perhaps a bit unfortunate that it appears on the pages for all FreeBSD
lists, including the ones it doesn't apply to. But don't let it scare you
off: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org (or -questions for short) is the list you
are looking for.

See you there,

Alphons

--
All right, that does it Bill [Donahue]. I'm pretty sure that killing Jesus
is not very Christian.