Date:      Thu, 06 Nov 2008 09:14:09 +0000
From:      "Poul-Henning Kamp" <phk@phk.freebsd.dk>
To:        CyberLeo Kitsana <cyberleo@cyberleo.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Geom <freebsd-geom@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Question about labels/names

In message <491267B5.2090206@cyberleo.net>, CyberLeo Kitsana writes:

>In the interests of keeping things neat and tidy, I recently, completely
>at random, randomly included a / character in a geom name (glabel or
>gmirror) and discovered that it quite happily created a subdirectory
>under /dev (/dev/mirror or /dev/label, respectively).

As far as DEVFS it is intended behaviour, for g_label/g_mirror
I think it is accidental, but with lulf's recent addition to
libgeom, probably beneficial.

Any bugs it might cause would be userland utilities not being able
to find their geom instances, and lulf's work offers the solution
for that.

Poul-Henning