Date:      Thu, 2 Oct 1997 08:15:56 -0400
From:      "Troy Settle" <rewt@i-Plus.net>
To:        "Rick Verhaalen" <rvh@execpc.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: dial-up internet access

Windows 95 and IE comes with various setup wizards to simplify the
configuration of PPP, but the PPP is seperate from Internet Explorer.

With that said, please refer to the handbook
http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/handbook173.html#404
for instructions on setting up ppp for FreeBSD.  You have your choice of
ijppp (userland), or pppd (kernel).  I prefer pppd because it simplifies the
process of maintaining an almost-dedicated connection.