Date:      Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:25:34 -0700
From:      "David O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Will FreeBSD ever see native IPv6 ??

So is FreeBSD *EVER* going to see native IPv6 ??
I attended a talk by a group of Intrusion Detection researchers.  They
were basing their research on FreeBSD because they needed divert
sockets and found FreeBSD worked perfectly for this in this respect.
However, once they needed IPv6 and IPsec guess what happened???  They
moved to Linux and now have such a time investment in their custom kernel
hacks FreeBSD will never be an option for them again.

NetBSD and OpenBSD get more and more coverage from IPv6/IPsec
capabilities every day.  FreeBSD has lost considerable ground if we want
to be a platform of choice for network and security researchers.

Now ever LSOF has IPv6 support for NetBSD and OpenBSD...

----- Forwarded message from Vic Abell <abe@purdue.edu> -----
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 1999 10:53:51 -0500
Subject: 64 bit lsof for Solaris 7; IPv6 support for {Net,Open}BSD

IPv6 Support for {Net,Open}BSD
..snip..

An lsof 4.45 pre-release distribution of the NetBSD and OpenBSD
sources with the IPv6 updates is available at:

..snip..

----- End forwarded message -----

--
-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)