Date:      Sat, 6 Feb 1999 09:17:11 +1100
From:      Jim Mock <jim@corp.au.triax.com>
To:        Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, nacai@iname.com
Subject:   Re: libgtop build problem

On Fri, 05 Feb 1999 at 14:48:23 -0700, Brett Taylor wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm having trouble building libgtop (/usr/ports/devel/libgtop).
> This is on my 2.2.8-STABLE machine w/ an up to date ports tree.  I'd
> do a send-pr but I wanted to see if anyone here has seen this first.
> Here's where it's dying:
>
> ===>  Building for libgtop-0.99.2
>
> -snip-
>
> ppp.c: In function `glibtop_get_ppp_p':
> ppp.c:111: structure ha has no member named `pp_phase'
> ppp.c:115: `PHASE_DEAD' undeclared (first use this function)
> ppp.c:115: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
> ppp.c:115: for each function it appears in.)
> ppp.c:116: `PHASE_TERMINATE' undeclared (first use this function)
> ppp.c:119: `PHASE_ESTABLISH' undeclared (first use this function)
> ppp.c:120: `PHASE_NETWORK' undeclared (first use this function)
> ppp.c:123: warning: unreachable code at beginning of switch statement
> gmake[3]: *** [ppp.lo] Error 1
>
> Anyone else seeing this or have a fix?

I had the same problem on 2.2.8-RELEASE.  For that reason, the
gnomecore port also dies because the build pukes on libgtop even after
installing the package.  It works in 3.0-STABLE according to some
other folks who I asked to try it to see if it was a problem with me
or port, but it didn't on 2.2.8-STABLE either.

The only way to fix it that I've seen so far is to upgrade to
3.0-STABLE =(

--
: Jim Mock			| [jim@corp.au.triax.com]	:
: System Administrator		| http://www.triax.com/		: